Wednesday, January 21, 2015

USA Part 2

When I originally booked my Round the World ticket, Phil and Aimee were living in Chicago and so naturally I included a stop off with them on my itinerary. Subsequent to my departure, however, they got married in South Africa (inconvenient) and move to Salt Lake City (inconvenient). They're just lucky they showed me such a good time. We hung out, caught a Jazz vs Bulls game, went cross country skiing, snow boarding, I walked their beloved pets often and we shared a lovely Thanksgiving.

Next up was Atlanta where I stayed with Grant and Steph who took me in to their lovely home and again I was shown a great time for a few days before heading out to New York. We enjoyed some incredible live blues, I explored the city, art galleries as usual, trekking and some general hanging out.

New York was as expected. High paced, the streets cast in shadow by sky scrapers and it seems movies and pictures have portrayed a fair depiction of the city. Brooklyn was a welcome respite after an intense few days in Manhattan, and I enjoyed the different spin on life and landscape there.

I struggled to narrow down the pics, so please excuse the onslaught:

Semi-frozen dam at the park, Salt Lake City
Cross-country skiing with Phil
Jazz vs Bulls - cracker of a game came down to the buzzer
Walking the dogs in the hills surrounding the city
Thanksgiving dinner - too much good food
Snowboarding is just the best fun
Grungy Blues scene, Atlanta 
Clambering up the rock for a view of Atlanta at sunset
Old railway bridge converted into a park
Iconic NYC
Brooklyn Bridge
The NYC team at Times Square
North Tower memorial site
The Guggenheim - I forgot my skates
The Met did not disappoint

No comments:

Post a Comment